Under the hierarchical supervision of France General Manager and the functional supervision of the Senior Director, Public Affairs, Region Europe, the position has as main objective to:
- Define and implement the company’s strategy in the field of public affairs.
- Maintain relations with institutional, national and European players in order to best represent the company’s interests on the public stage.
- Promote the company’s image within its environment.
- Define the global communication strategy and manage its implementation on a national or international scale.
- Work with patient organisations accordingly to their evolving position in the healthcare decision-making space. Ensure the monitoring of the health sector and take into account the patient dimension in its entirety.
- Contribute positively to a strong culture of business integrity and ethics by acting within local, regional and global compliance and legal requirements and company policies.
- Collaborate with internal teams
- Development of cross-functionality and a service-oriented work culture
- Define and implement company’s strategy
- Contribution of a strategic reflection in the respect of the ethical framework
- Development of related action plans, management and coordination of their implementation
- Definition and monitoring of specific associated budgets
- Lead projects in area of expertise
- Definition of projects and actions to be carried out within scope and arbitrating priorities according to the evolution of the environment and current events
- Monitoring of projects by sharing meaning, challenges and results with all participants
- Responsibility for the cost, time, quality, traceability and compliance of projects at each stage
- Coordination of institutional projects in conjunction with other departments
- Participation in projects on behalf of other departments by providing business expertise and by following the project manager’s format and schedule, respecting deadlines and ensuring the quality of intermediate and/or final deliverables
- Represent the company in various bodies
- Development of a broad vision of the scope of intervention at the national or even international level
- Development of a mapping of the institutional actors to be met having an impact on the institutional environment
- Development and coordination of influence actions in the field of public affairs
- Establishment and negotiation of partnerships with national and European institutions
- Impulse, supervision or animation of commissions, round tables or working groups internally or externally in the field of public affairs France/Europe
- Establishment of efficient collaboration with stakeholders in the sector in order to relay the key messages of the institutional policy carried by the company
- Inform and support top management
- Analysis and anticipation of national and international regulatory developments in the sector
- Coordination and drafting of legislative texts and monitoring legislative regulations and case law
- Provision of information, advice to management in defining their institutional policy
- Guarantee and monitoring of the quality of the information provided in terms of expertise and services rendered
- Contribute to the cohesion of internal teams
- Facilitation of inter-departmental communication and professional relations
- Development of mutual aid within the team and with collaborators and other departments
- Definition of the company’s global communication strategy
- Advisory role to top management on the evolution of the brand identity and positioning internally and externally
- Support for changes in the company in terms of internal and external communication, particularly during crisis management
- Collection of strategic information related to the development of the company from top management (governance, business project, managerial project, etc.)
- Identification and valuation of the work carried out within the company’s functional departments (sales, marketing, human resources, IT, etc.)
- Setting strategic directions of the company’s communication in terms of image, visibility, message and defining the annual communication plan
- Definition of the company’s media, editorial and visual strategy (segmentation of message targets, choice of information channels and editorial, etc.)
- Planning and development of annual budget of the communication department
- Coordination of communication campaigns
- Advice and support to top management in the context of strategic re?ection and specific actions (crisis communication, etc.)
- Approval of the variations of the communication plan in various aspects: internal, external communication (public relations, press, etc.), corporate, web, etc.
- Monitoring the consistency of the company’s image on all forms of communication, print and web media or events
- Search for means, networks or actions to ensure the visibility of the company within environment
- Supervision of the creation and production of media intended for the company’s various audiences, internal and external (brochures, kits, posters, etc.)
- Development of innovative communication tools to ensure brand visibility on new communication channels (wiki, mobile, intranet sites, websites, etc.)
- Development of the event and public relations strategy, even accompanying the manager on external trips or representing the company there
- Media monitoring on the impact in the press concerning the company
- Management of generalist or specialized communication agencies in the context of major events
- Crossfunctional management in communication
- Evaluation of the return on investment of communication actions in terms of notoriety for the company and making the necessary arbitrations (investment in innovative means, conservation of more traditional tools, etc.)
- Monitoring of deviations from the provisional budget set at the beginning of the year and reporting to general management.
- Coordination and exchange with other communication directors on the messages to be conveyed in the case of globalized groups
- Optimization or updating of existing processes in order to improve the daily operation of the communication department
- Competitive intelligence and relations with other departments
- Competitive intelligence in the sector
- Management of fake news in conjunction with other departments
- BA/BS required. Advanced degree in science, health or business-related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in and governmental affairs, public relations , patient advocacy.
- Preferably, previous experience in direct connection with French health authorities, reimbursement agencies, hospital administrators and health insurance companies.
- In-depth understanding of the healthcare ecosystem in France.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to represent Incyte when interacting with external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with policy makers, patient advocacy groups, professional associations, academia and other stakeholders.
- Confident personal presence and experience managing and hosting live activities/programs.
- Highly driven, strategic and results oriented.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success working in a matrix environment with diverse groups/function, overseeing complex programs and managing external vendors.
- Demonstrating strong culture of business integrity and ethics.
- Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word & PowerPoint, required).
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
We Respect Your Privacy
Learn more at: http://www.incyte.com/privacy-policy
The Incyte hiring organization processes your personal data to manage your job application in order to enter into an employment relationship with you if you are the successful candidate.
During the process, you may be asked to respond to questions that will screen out your application if you do not meet certain objective criteria required by the job. You can learn more about this process here.
You may have the right to access, delete, restrict, edit, move, or object to the use of your personal data. You may also have a right to report concerns to the authority responsible for data privacy in the country where the position is based or where you live or work.
You can learn more about Incyte’s data protection practices here. By accessing this link you can learn about the types of personal data we collect, how we use it, whether collection and processing is optional, sources of the personal data we process, how it is shared, where it is stored or transferred to, how long we keep it, and contact information for Incyte, Incyte’s data protection officer, and your supervisory authority (if applicable).
Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns or would like to exercise your rights.