PartnerRe is a leading, privately owned, multi-line global reinsurer with a reputation of financial stability and strength, and a commitment to rebuilding businesses and communities after risk events around the world.
Our mission is to continue to be a financially stable and predictable business partner, supporting our clients with solutions tailored to their needs, delivering superior returns to our owner, providing rewarding opportunities for our people and making a positive contribution to society. To achieve this, we live by our values of Integrity, Performance, Collaboration, Straightforward Communication and Respect and Care.
Core to The PartnerRe Experience is our global nature. No matter where you sit in the company, you are part of something bigger. Our teams represent our truly international mindset, forging connections across office locations and all levels of the organization and building a network of mutual success. The result is a day-to-day experience that will allow you to:
Shape your own career
Grow in a supportive environment
Connect with a community of experts
Make an impact
View The PartnerRe Experience e-book to find out more about what it’s like to work at PartnerRe.
We are always looking for bright, proactive individuals to join our team!
Please follow our Careers page for all updates on new positions. We look forward to receiving your application.
PartnerRe is an equal opportunities employer.
Please join our company LinkedIn Page for all updates on new positions that are coming live.
About this job:
In this role you are in charge of a defined portfolio of standard reinsurance claims, which you will analyse, monitor, report and process. The portfolio which can include property and casuauly lines of business.
In more detail your tasks are:
- Reviewing and registering loss advices, cash-loss/payment requests which are within the scope of the assigned accounts, ensuring financial transactions are effectively completed.
- Handling claim analysis work for treaty and facultative reinsurance claims. Including the review of claims, the impacted contracts and the assessing the exposure including the establishment of appropriate reserves.
- Interacting with various internal partners including Underwriters and Actuaries in different locations on claims related matters, including loss developments and trends.
- Preparing and organizing information and data which are necessary management reports on a daily, weekly or quarterly basis ensuring proper communication of developments and issues to internal business partners.
- Administration of claims within department utlized systems, including the management of paper and electronic documents.
- Participating in regular data quality checks.
- Assist in any special projects or ad-hoc tasks.
To be successful in this role, you need to bring along the following profile:
- Commercial apprenticeship
- Around 5-10 years experience in claims administration, including good general re/insurance knowledge.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with the reinsurance data system SICS/nt, and knowledge of a reporting tool (e.g. Business Objects) & emessaging (ACORD) would be a plus.
- Fluency in French and English; other languages are a plus.
- Well-organized working style and strong attention to detail. Prioritises responsibilities, use time efficiently.
- Solution oriented attitude.
- Flexibility: Remains flexible to changing work needs/demands from management, internal/external stakeholder.
- Ability to work independently, but work towards the team objectives and goal, making a contribution that benefits the whole team.
PartnerRe provides a working environment in which diversity is valued, where all employees feel welcome, respected, and empowered to perform at their best. We invite you to learn more about D&I at PartnerRe.
PartnerRe Hiring Team