Role Purpose (overall high level summary of the role)
The role of the Executive Assistant is to provide full EA support to include secretarial, administrative and business support to the Chief Risk Officer in HSBC Continental Europe. This role will require the role holder to deal across the matrix with multiple and sometimes complex enquiries. There is a high volume of work which will require a thorough and thoughtful response, ensuring deadlines are met in an often time pressured environment. It will be necessary for the role holder to be highly adaptable and resilient. The role holder will need to be proficient in senior stakeholder and regulators management. Given the nature of the role, flexibility is key to allow the Senior Manager/s to operate effectively across London and Paris time zones.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
- Manage extensive and complex diary, email and meeting management – including organizing internal and external meetings and calls.
- Assist the CRO with IT, HR and other HSBC systems queries/issues and troubleshooting such issues themselves where possible.
- Opening and closing matters in HSBC’s issues and actions management/reporting system (training will be provided if no prior experience of using bank systems). Indicatively, this includes the issues and actions tracker, Helios systems of records as well as Aramis and SAMS audit platforms.
- Executive support for the Chief Risk Officer HSBC Continental Europe , including expense claims; the collection, distribution and re-direction of post; travel arrangements; and general office administration.
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks as requested by the CRO, for example:
Support office moves
- Monitor the completion of team mandatory trainings, annual reviews are executed and monitor regular reporting are issued.
- Establish CRO meetings’ agenda and consolidate presentation papers; Organise, attend, take notes and track actions at team meetings.
- Coordinate and arrange events, team meetings; ensuring team records/MI are up to date; and assisting with arrangements for training sessions, workshops or off-sites meetings, as required
- Strong interpersonal skills, and confident communicator at all levels in English and French (must be fluent written and verbal in both).
- intermediate IT skills and advanced in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Power PDF, with the ability to pick up new systems and software quickly.
- Able to use collaboration teams such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Ability to re-prioritise within very short timescales showing patience and compassion
- An understanding of relevant administration systems and processes such as fusion, and associated expenses/travel policies etc.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and comfortable liaising with Senior Executive Managers regularly.
- Good knowledge of HSBC Group, policies and procedures.
- Successful proven track record supporting an Executive or C-suite, in a fast paced and challenging organisation.