Creation Date: 22-Dec-2022
Employment Type: Permanent
Employment Type: Full time
Ref #: 123456890
Description & Requirements
Role Title:FI Senior Underwriter
About the Role and Key Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and underwriting target new business, renewal business and endorsements in a strict respect of underwriting authorities and LSM guidelines
- Builds and maintains highly effective and responsive working relationships with Brokers and Insureds to ensure new and renewal business within own product.
- Negotiating policy terms and conditions and wordings
- Developing and using own client contacts
- Marketing LSM to Brokers and prospected Insureds, including attending, leading and delivering meetings and presentations to ensure the flow of new and renewal business
- Cross-selling other product lines
- Understanding the market cycle
- Updating and maintaining logs and files
- Preparing reports as required
- Consistently building upon own profile
- Performs related duties and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the operation
- Any other requests as reasonably requested
- Adherence to all relevant regulatory requirements forms part of your role, and the demonstration of behaviours as set out in the Conduct Risk Policy, as they relate to your role, is core to LSM’s commitment to our Liberty Values, placing customers at the centre of our business and behaving with integrity. LSM expects you to understand your responsibilities relating to all regulatory and internal requirements, and to proactively demonstrate compliance with these requirements and behaviours at all times. These requirements include the Senior Managers and Certification Regime Conduct Rules ,Solvency II, fair treatment of customers, Financial Crime, Data Protection, Conflicts of Interest, and Whistleblowing.
About the Department & Team:
- The role is hosted by the Financial Lines department. A team of 12 people (including Underwriters, Junior Underwriters, and Intern).
- The Financial Institution book of business is one third of the Financial Lines activity on the market.
Skills and Experience
- Has a strong understanding of the Financial Institutions range of products
- Communicates effectively with colleagues or external stakeholders
- Understands and consistently complies with the relevant Risk Management controls, Regulatory bodies etc…
- Will seek to develop themselves personally and /or professionally
- Performs related duties and special projects for the Department or Company as is reasonably requested
- Has solid Financial Institutions underwriting experience
- Has a sound knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices and procedures
- Has a proven track record in delivering results
- Strong verbal, negotiation, sales, marketing and communication skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Timely, accurate and able to prioritise
- Demonstrates initiative and drive
- Fluent in English
About Liberty Specialty Markets (LSM)
Liberty Specialty Markets is part Global Risk Solutions and the broader Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, which is a leading global insurer. We offer a breadth of world-class insurance and reinsurance services to brokers and insureds in all major markets.
Our people are key to our success. That is why “Put People First” is one of the five Liberty values which unite us as a global organisation. We bring this to life for our colleagues through:
- Offering a vibrant and inclusive environment and committing to their career development.
- Promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). Our Inclusion Matters framework and employee-led networks strengthen the diversity of our workforce and our inclusive environment.
- Reinforcing that collaborating together to share our unique perspectives help us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our ambitious goals.
- A supportive culture, which includes promoting a healthy work-life balance and working flexibly.
For more information, please follow the links below: