- Country / Region : France
- City : NEUILLY SUR SEINE
- Business group: Selective Distribution
- Contract type: Permanent Job
- Function: General Management
- Reference No.: 221401
- Date of publication: 2022.12.20
At Sephora, we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change every day. Get ready to think creatively, work strategically, and make your mark at a leading global retailer. Together, we’re evolving, innovating, and reimagining the future of beauty and retail.
At Sephora we inspire our customers, empower our teams, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We create an environment where people are valued, and differences are celebrated. Every day, our teams across the world bring to life our purpose: to expand the way the world sees beauty by empowering the ExtraOrdinary in each of us.
With consumers, employees, and other stakeholders demanding that companies stand for clear values and give back to society, we’re pioneering Sephora’s first global purpose efforts. The Global Director of Sustainability will report to the the Global Chief Purpose Officer to develop initiatives that promote Sephora’s vision of expanding the way the world sees beauty.
You will excel and enjoy this position if you are ready to actively handle the following missions:
Strategy & Vision
- Rallies the organization to envision a more sustainable enterprise and beauty industry
- Builds Sephora’s first comprehensive and coordinated global sustainability strategy, including areas of focus, long term goals, and potential public-facing commitments
Action Planning & Execution
- Translates our ambitions into a global roadmap and develops the supporting tactical business plans.
- Works closely with Sephora’s Leadership Team to propose funding strategies, policy recommendations, and present progress updates. Prioritizes investments that balance stratgic alignment, cost effectiveness, feasibility, and impact
- Initiates new ideas and secures the resources and partnerships to bring these concepts to market. Directs the timely and coordinated management of our key global environmental projects
Employee Engagement and Global Coordination
- Engages leaders at all levels, shares expertise freely, and inspires the organization to create win-wins for the business and the planet. Educates the organization on our progress and how they can contribute.
- Leads Sephora’s “Green Heart” task force, comprised of our regional sustainability captains and cross-functional experts, driving a coordinated set of global environmental impact projects. Ensures a strong connection between central objectives and regional activity.
- Coordinates programs across regions and develops best practices that can scale Sephora’s environmental impact effectively
- Collaborates with our private label product team, Sephora Collection, on ensuring our owned brand manifests our environmental aspirations and contributes to the reduction of our overall enterprise footprint.
Compliance & Accounability
- Creates mechanisms to measure progress and hold the organization accountable for its commitments
- Partners with Communications teams to define public claims, commitments, and external reporting strategies
- Develops partnerships with global NGOs and thought leaders aligned with Sephora’s priorities, staying active in the evolving scientific and policy landscape for sustainability. Defines the priority environmental global certifications and alliances for the brand.
- Continuosly monitors programs to assess effectiveness and shares updates with key stakeholders
- Builds systems and practices for continuous monitoring and benchmarking of the landscape.
- Ensures compliance with governmental regulations or LVMH group policies on sustainability
Do not hesitate to apply if you have… or if you are someone who …
- Engages and Inspires – Generates continued commitment to Sephora’s long-term goals and successfully enrolls business partners on shared wins
- Drives results – Translates broad challenges into tangible roadmaps with short and mid term milestones
- Collaborates – Experience leading complex cross-functional initiatives up, down, and across teams
- Agility & Manages Ambiguity – Navigates a challenging scientific, regulatory, and organizational environment while offering a clear sense of direction and priorities
- Values Uniqueness and Differences – Strongly motivated by Sephora’s values around inclusion and making an impact in our community
- 10+ years sustainability expertise
- A track record of building successful sustainability programs in a for-profit environment at global scale
- Familiarity with major regulation, industry standards, and environmental laws, especially in the EU
- Sustainable business or ESG certification (preferred)
- Meaningful financial responsibility and history of working with top management on developing new business cases and delivering transparent and accountable results
- Minimum 5+ years team management experience over cross-functional teams or department leadership
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
« Meaningful Rewards »
Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, an employee discount, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and so much more.
« Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging »
We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business—ensuring that our employees, brand partners, suppliers, and our clients feel a sense of belonging in store, online, and in our workplaces. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
« Beauty & Beyond »
Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Together we inspire our clients, empower people, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
« Endless Evolution »
You will learn with innovators, artists, and experts in every field. As our business evolves, so will you. Here, you’re empowered to choose your own path, accelerate your growth, and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community, your options are endless.
« Creativity Unleashed »
At Sephora, you’re encouraged to explore, innovate, and have funwhile working with diverse clients, teams, and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity, your drive for success, and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
« Bold Authenticity »
Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora, we celebrate diversity, embrace your unique and winning spirit, and believe that real beauty is being authentically you.You are what sets us apart.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.
French version will be available upon request to the recruiter.
SEPHORA recruits and recognizes all talents