Head of Risk – Paris based
We, the people. Our social interactions spark trends, shape movements, rock history, push stock values up and down. It’s about time we had a place to meet and collectively build our financial future – all of us, together.
Shares is not only a serious trading platform that opens up the stock market to everyone – with no minimum investment – it’s also a fun, hive-like social community where members engage, learn, swap knowledge and help each other make informed decisions.
Every feature inside Shares was designed to fit the way people connect today. It’s simple and straightforward to use and people chat, share, follow, tag and engage with groups in a seamless flow – all inside a secure real-time trading platform.
The people-driven revolution in financial markets is already well underway. We’ve just built in the social motor so that every human can join the conversation and get their fair share of the market in a way that’s safe, fun, educational and collectively inspiring. We are backed by top tier venture capital firms based in the US and Europe.
In the context of our European expansion, we are looking for our Head of Risk in France.
What you’ll be doing
As the Head of Risk, you will be joining Shares to support on all EU prudential and financial risk related matters. As a risk function, you will be responsible for creating, preparing and maintaining risk and capital policies, capital calculations and risk assessment frameworks alongside ensuring the adherence to prudential obligations set out in the EU regulation.
This position is highly cross-functional and works with all areas of the business, from finance, growth, operations, product, legal and compliance, etc. The principal activities that you will be working on are:
- Developing and implementing 2LOD Risk and Capital policies, Key Risk Indicators and Risk Appetite Statement limits for an fast-growing global Investment Firm;
- Supporting (alongside with Finance) producing all required risk related reporting to be submitted to regulators;
- Supporting designing (alongside with Compliance) the risk mapping assessment for EU businesses, including both equities and crypto product offering.
- Setting capital planning standards and proposing capital allocation limits, including considering potential consolidated prudential requirements;
- Preparing ICAAPs and/or ILAAP and Recovery planning, by liaising with Finance and the 1LOD of defence;
- Identifying the key financial and non-financial risks that require capital allocation;
- Building financial models and forecasts for capital planning and enhancing the existing models; and
- Working with the first line of defence to identify, assess, document and regularly review risks of all risk types and coach the business to design and implement controls.
- Strong background and expertise in building and assessing financial and non-financial risks and capital models; including stress tests and ICAAPs/ILAAPs, for a regulated financial institution;
- Strong understanding of the EU applicable regulation and prudential requirements (CRR/CRD; IFR/IFD);
- Good understanding of how to assess, design and implement a prudential risk register, regulatory strategies & frameworks, and a monitoring and reporting process;
- Experience of managing relationships with product/front office and other teams; and
- Experience within a Capital and/or Financial Risk function of a financial services company, ideally a MiFID investment firm.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written. Knowledge of French is a plus.