- Country / Region : France
- City : NEUILLY SUR SEINE
- Business group: Selective Distribution
- Contract type: Permanent Job
- Function: Merchandising
- Reference No.: 221747
- Date of publication: 2022.12.20
At Sephora, we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change every day. Get ready to think creatively, work strategically, and make your mark at a leading global retailer. Together, we’re evolving, innovating, and reimagining the future of beauty and retail.
The Makeup Category Manager is responsible for the acceleration strategy & development of the category, the implementation of appropriate on and offline offers and to drive its activation within the EME region in order to reach the revenue targets.
You will excel and enjoy this position if you are ready to actively handle the following missions:
- Analyze the market, monitor trends, and define priorities for Sephora to attract customers to the brand and create differentiation
- Interact with the Global Offer teams in the US to take part in the international strategy and co-construct the differentiation strategy for makeup
- Manage the brand portfolio by maximizing the sell out, while ensuring profitability and good inventory management with the right mix of brands and products.
- Be responsible for the effective communication of the strategy to the 21 markets, have the ability to convince and simplify, as well as to follow up on, the good execution of the brand portfolio
OFFER AND MERCHANDISING
- Develop anchor brands and ensure their successful expression on and offline through “only at Sephora” concepts and plans.
- Scout new brands to nurture Sephora’s image as a makeup destination
- To be a driving force behind new concepts to promote the offer and optimize all business levers (favorites, BTG, services, etc.).
MANAGEMENT / CATEGORY OPTIMIZATION
- Improvement and optimization of assortments
- Monthly monitoring of budgets for all brands in the portfolio
- Recommendation of discontinuation and follow-up of end of life
- Distribution recommendations to increase productivity and follow up on changes
- Participation in the pricing & discount strategy in coordination with the RGM
- Management of forecasts for new products at regional level
Do not hesitate to apply if you have… or if you are …
- The candidate at least 8 years of experience in retail or digital marketing or marketing and knows well the world of makeup
- Higher education in Business.
- International profile (fluent English required).
- Key skills: leadership, organization and rigor, proactivity, action-oriented and able to oversee several subjects at once, analytical and comfortable with numbers, good command of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valued qualities: passion, excellent people skills, team spirit, initiative, curiosity and autonomy, negotiation skills.
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
« Meaningful Rewards »
Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, an employee discount, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and so much more.
« Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging »
We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business—ensuring that our employees, brand partners, suppliers, and our clients feel a sense of belonging in store, online, and in our workplaces. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
« Beauty & Beyond »
Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Together we inspire our clients, empower people, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
« Endless Evolution »
You will learn with innovators, artists, and experts in every field. As our business evolves, so will you. Here, you’re empowered to choose your own path, accelerate your growth, and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community, your options are endless.
« Creativity Unleashed »
At Sephora, you’re encouraged to explore, innovate, and have funwhile working with diverse clients, teams, and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity, your drive for success, and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
« Bold Authenticity »
Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora, we celebrate diversity, embrace your unique and winning spirit, and believe that real beauty is being authentically you.You are what sets us apart.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.
French version will be available upon request to the recruiter.
SEPHORA recruits and recognizes all talents