Research Engineer – Bio AI
Founded in 2014, InstaDeep is today an EMEA leader in decision-making AI products for the Enterprise, with headquarters in London, and offices in Paris, Berlin, Tunis, Lagos, Dubai, Cape Town and the USA. InstaDeep has been named among the Top 100 global AI startups for three consecutive years by CB Insights, as well as one of the 100 most promising B2B companies in Europe, by Sifted. We have created an environment that ensures a challenge by working closely with a broad spectrum of high-quality clients, pushing you to thrive in an environment that’s rarely tedious and always looking to push you to come up with outside-the-box solutions using cutting-edge technologies. In our mission to stay ahead of the curve, we are proud to partner with firms such as BioNTech SE, Google DeepMind, NVIDIA and Intel, and world-class universities as MIT, Oxford, UCL, and Imperial College London. We are also an NVIDIA Elite Service Delivery Partner and Google Cloud Partner.
Are you a Research Engineer – Bio AI
Our proactive approach to research, combined with a broad spectrum of high-quality clients, ensures a challenging and exciting environment to work and thrive. In our mission to stay ahead of the curve, we are proud to partner with firms such as BioNTech SE, Google DeepMind, Nvidia and Intel, and world-class universities such as Oxford, Imperial College and French Universities.
If so then keep reading….
As a Research Engineer – Bio AI. you’ll be a part of the Research team, At BioAI, we advance healthcare and push the boundaries of medical science through a combination of expertise in biology and machine learning. We launched a portfolio of initiatives across drug discovery and design, protein engineering, etc. In Dec. 2020, InstaDeep released DeepChain, an AI-powered, cloud-native, GPU-accelerated platform for protein design. Its core functionalities are built on a proven optimization framework leveraging state-of-the-art search algorithms and protein language models. Another key research area is the development of next-generation vaccines and biopharmaceuticals for the treatment of cancer and the prevention and therapy of infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
In collaboration with research engineers and computational biologists from the BioAI team, you will be contributing to the development of new approaches in molecular modelling, protein interactions, protein designs and other related domains, by applying your technical, analytical, and research skills. You will understand the underlying bioinformatics and business problems and follow the latest developments in both machine learning and biology to identify and harness the right technologies to solve the problems, improve the existing solutions and take part in the commercial deployment of their solution. You will collaborate with a multi-functional team, experiment with different approaches, analyze and communicate the results, in order to deliver proof of concepts, and minimum viable products, and ensure continuous improvement and maintenance for industrialized solutions. You will also be responsible for writing high-quality, maintainable, well-documented, and modular software libraries.
Who you are:
- Design, implement and deliver performant and scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies using distributed computing systems (CPUs, GPUs, TPUs, Cloud, etc.).
- Conduct rigorous data analysis and statistical modelling to explain and improve models.
- Write high-quality, maintainable, and modular code together with concise documentation.
- Report results clearly and efficiently, both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Follow and communicate the latest developments in machine learning and biology.
- Actively collaborate with the business development team in the pre sales activities, including but not limited to presenting the company to new prospective clients, writing decks and proposals, participating in calls and meetings, and representing Instadeep in conferences/events.
- Master, PhD degree or equivalent experience in applied mathematics, computer science, or related scientific field.
- Experience in machine learning, natural language processing, and deep learning demonstrated via previous work, publications, contributions to open source projects, or coding competitions.
- Relevant experience in statistics, bioinformatics, and high-performance computing is a plus.
- Proficient software engineering experience (Python, Pytorch, JAX, Docker, Linux).
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Appropriate work permit for the considered location.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
We empower individuals to celebrate their uniqueness here at InstaDeep. Our team comes from all walks of life, and we’re proud to continue to encourage and support applicants from underrepresented groups across the globe. Our commitment to creating an authentic environment comes from our ability to learn and grow from our diversity, and how better to experience this by other than by joining our team?
At present we operate in a hybrid way allowing work from home or work from the office as per each individual’s preferences. We are continuing to review the situation with the well-being of InstaDeepers at the forefront of our minds.
Right to work: Please note you will require the legal right to work in the location you are applying for.
Any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us at: [email protected]