Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Alstom’s products portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, trams and e-buses to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. With Bombardier Transportation joining Alstom on January 29, 2021, the new Group’s combined revenue amounted to €15.7 billion for the 12-month period ended March 31, 20201. Headquartered in France, Alstom is now present in 70 countries and employs 75,000 people. www.alstom.com
Playing a vital part in the Legal Procurement team, you will be also closely advising the Procurement team.
Reporting to the Legal Indirect Procurement Director, your remit will include, but not be limited to:
- Drafting and negotiating procurement related agreements for the whole Alstom Group including Master Services Agreement, Framework Agreement, Services Agreement, Local Services Agreement, Settlement Agreements.
- Advising stakeholders on legal risks and issues including data privacy, GDPR, Intellectual property, Export Control, etc;
- Reviewing and giving guidance on newly introduced legislation and the potential impact on Legal Procurement;
- Contract Review and Negotiation: monitor and improve agile process for contract development, review and negotiation; advise all levels of business partners on a broad array of Procurement business transactions; update and develop standard documentation to protect company’s best interests on contractual commitments, balance and optimize risks and ensure company is protected legally.
- Legal support to Procurement managers on claim management, dispute settlement and other legal issues arising at contract execution stage.
- Ensure regular reporting of quality and as part of such be able to identify risk and opportunities and escalate to management.
- Interface with external law firms;
- Facilitate trainings and awareness sessions on Legal Procurement topics as well as other legal topics
Technical Knowledge / Experience
As Legal Counsel, you are:
- a French qualified lawyer (Master degree) with at least 5 years of relevant working experience gained as in-house legal counsel and/or in private practice in an international setting;
- you have proven experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating (international) commercial contracts on the one hand and compliance (e.g. anti-bribery, anti-corruption, fraud, antitrust, export control, privacy, Enterprise Risk Management) on the other hand;
- you have a strong business acumen, a robust yet flexible personality, good communication skills (oral and written) and are able to operate in a multi-cultural and multi-jurisdictional environment;
- you have demonstrated experience directly advising non-legal people on complex business arrangements involving complex legal issues, in terms they can understand -international commercial transactional experience;
- you are bilingual French-English
- Knowledge of Procurement considerations in a multi-cultural environment with major market key players.
- Experience and comfort working in a worldwide matrix-based organization.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: Procurement, Risk Management, Buyer, Operations, Finance