The Runtime Efficiency team helps run Datadog’s complex infrastructure in the most efficient manner. Since most applications at Datadog are heavily instrumented, we use that telemetry to reason about utilization of resources that drive cost as well as use application patterns to manage capacity for a rapidly growing footprint. The team is responsible for efficient resource utilization observability and infrastructure oriented efforts toward driving up efficiency and performance.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Coach other engineers to craft quantitative models of their systems’ performance and cost,
- Solve gnarly performance issues that nobody else has been able to crack,
- Build tools that help you in your everyday analysis,
- Share interesting findings with the community at large,
- Split your time 50/50 between proactive and reactive performance analysis.
Who You Are:
- You have strong foundational knowledge of modern, distributed computing.
- You have a proven track record of understanding the performance of large-scale services, quantitatively and in fine details.
- Profilers, debuggers, tracers hide no secrets from you, especially in a linux environment.
- You display persistence, focus and creativity to get to the bottom of the matter at issue.
- You communicate well and your enthusiasm for the craft is contagious.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.